Summer Reading starts today! We aren’t tracking your books or reading hours, but we recommend reading once every day as your goal. Here is how the grades K-5 program works.
- Get the Grades K-5 Summer Reading folder from a library staff member. It contains the instructional sheet, a June events calendar, a bingo card, a reading challenge checklist, and a coupon for a free book.
- Cross off and date each activity on the bingo card when you complete it. When you get a bingo, take the card to Miss Megan, Miss Nicole, or another library staff member to get a raffle ticket.
- Please note you will only get 1 ticket per card, not one ticket per bingo. You cannot get multiple tickets by getting a second bingo card.
- Complete the reading challenge checklist by checking off each type of book and writing its title on the back when you finish it. Turn in the completed checklist to Miss Megan, Miss Nicole, or another staff member to a raffle ticket.
- Please note you will only get 1 ticket per checklist. You cannot get multiple tickets by getting a second checklist.
- Put your name and contact information on your tickets and turn them in. You’ll have a chance to win our Grand Prize: a free trip to Splash Lagoon!
- Enjoy our amazing summer reading programs hosted by organizations such as Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre, the Carnegie Science Center, Gateway to the Arts StoryCorner, and the Carnegie Museum of Natural History.
- Turn in your free book coupon to receive your book on August 17.
- You cannot get a free book if you lose your coupon, so hold onto it. If you are unable to come to the library on August 17, talk to Miss Megan starting August 18 to receive your free book.
The last day of Summer Reading is August 17. Good luck and good reading!