Design Lives Here is a four-month long engineering program with WQED that allows students in grades 5-8 to participate in engineering activities at Moon Library. Professional engineers serve as mentors to students throughout the winter. Students will learn engineering skills and develop an engineering project to pitch at the end of the program. In March, the participants will come together for a day of engineering challenges, to compete for prizes.
Participants must attend 5 out of 6 meeting dates. These are the remaining dates.
- January 7 at 2 PM: Pop Fly Challenge [Register here]
- January 21 at 2 PM: Seismic Shake Challenge [Register here]
- February 4 at 2 PM: Invention planning and building [Register here]
- February 11 at 2 PM: Invention building [Register here]
- February 18 at 2 PM: Invention video and pitch [Register here]
Design Lives Here activities are inspired by the popular PBS KIDS program and website, Design Squad Nation.