It’s Summer Reading! Here is how it works for students in high school.
- Get the Grades 9-12 Summer Reading folder from a library staff member. It contains the instructional sheet, a bingo card, the Books Beyond Borders reading challenge checklist, a reading log, and a coupon for a free book.
- Register in person or online.
- Register in person by filling out out a paper registration sheet on Miss Heather’s desk and turn it into her or a library staff member.
- Register online by emailing Miss Heather at MTPLTSR2018@gmail.com your name, phone number, email address, home address, and the grade you’re entering.
- Use the reading log to track how many minutes you read each day. For every 60 minutes you read, you’ll get a raffle ticket when you turn in your log to Miss Heather or email her your progress.
- Complete the Books Beyond Borders reading challenge checklist. For every three genres or authors on the checklist you read, you’ll get a raffle ticket when you turn in your log to Miss Heather or a library staff member.
- Cross off, date, and record each book on the bingo card when you complete it. When you get a bingo, take the card to Miss Heather or a library staff member to get a raffle ticket.
- You can earn a raffle ticket for every bingo you complete. If you like, you can get a new card after you get a bingo or reuse the card you currently have.
- Redeem your free book coupon between June 11 and July 23 by writing your name on the coupon and giving it to a library staff member.
- Submit your raffle tickets to win a weekly swag bag or the Grand Prize at the end of the summer: a $40 Amazon Gift Card!
Teen Summer Reading lasts for just six weeks, so start reading ASAP!