Sky Room Use Policy:
(Adopted May 15, 2007)
Moon Township Public Library provides meeting and program space for library and municipal programs and meetings and for other meetings and programs of an informational, educational, cultural, or civic nature.
The Library Board of Trustees subscribes to Article VI of the American Library Association's Library Bill of Rights which states that facilities shall be made available to the public served by the given library on an equitable basis, regardless of the beliefs or affiliations of individuals or groups requesting their use.
Granting permission for use of the Sky Room does not in any way constitute an endorsement of the group’s policies or beliefs by Moon Township Public Library.
- Availability and Application for Use
- The Sky Room is the only meeting room able to be reserved for public use by groups. Maximum capacity is 64 people.
- The room is available for use during library hours.
- Anyone utilizing the Sky Room shall pay a $50.00 refundable deposit to cover any damage, cleanup, or reconfiguration of the facility. The room will be inspected by a library employee both prior to and following use. Any damage or irregularities will be noted and comparable deductions will be taken from the security deposit. Moon Library will refund deposits within 30 days of use if the room is left in acceptable condition.
- Priority for use of the space shall be given to the library and then to other municipality entities. Other groups may reserve the Sky Room on a first-come, first-served basis.
- All organizations, except for the library and municipal entities, must apply for use of the room by completing the Sky Room Reservation Form and reading and signing a copy of this policy. Printed copies of the policy and the Sky Room Reservation Form are available at the circulation desk.
- The room may be reserved no sooner than 1 year to date in advance. Organizations seeking to use the room may not exceed more than 1 time per month during each calendar year.
- Limitations and General Rules:
- There is no smoking permitted anywhere in the Community Service Center Building.
- Please inspect the room for litter and damage before and after use. Please clean up litter and leave the room as you found it. Individuals or organizations using the room will be held responsible for any and all damages to the room that occurred during their use.
- Youth groups may use the room only if they are accompanied by an adult supervisor of the group (21 years or older) who assumes full responsibility for supervision of the group for the entire time they use the Sky Room.
- Any and all publicity for events taking place in the Sky Room is the responsibility of the sponsoring organization.
- Storage of materials before or after the reserved time is not permitted. Items left behind will be discarded.
- Groups must provide their own equipment and supplies. Use of the library's audiovisual equipment or any other equipment is not permitted.
- Direct selling of any kind is prohibited, unless it is sanctioned as part of a program sponsored by the library, the Library Board, or the Friends of the Library.
- Under no circumstances shall the sponsor of a meeting open to the public require sign-in of attendees nor should any follow-up contact be made at the sponsor's initiation.
- Any group using the room that brings children to the meeting may not leave the children unsupervised in other areas of the library. See Moon Township Public Library's Unattended Children Policy.
- Library staff must have access to the room at all times.
- The Library Board and the library director reserve the right to cancel a reservation at any time and for any reason.
- Any group or individual violating these rules may be asked to leave and/or denied future use of the facilities.
Fee for Use:
- $25.00 per hour, plus $50.00 refundable deposit (see Section 1.C above)
- Payment is due no later than 48 hours prior to use